Equipment and Uniform
Please click the links below for information regarding the new school year’s Uniform and PE kit:
02.06.2020 – Steady School Wear – Uniform Ordering Covid-19
Each year, we are proud to give every child one free academy blazer and tie.
- Academy blazer with logo
- Academy tie with logo clearly visible
- Academy Black trousers with ASA Logo** (skinny fit trousers are not permitted)
- If worn, belts must be plain, black, and they may not exceed 1” [2.5cm] in width
- White shirt (must have a collar button)
- Black socks (No ankle socks) for both boys and girls, girls may wear black or skin/beige coloured thin tights (brightly coloured or white socks will not be allowed under any circumstances)
- Royal blue Academy V-neck pullovers and royal blue cardigans are optional – they may not be worn in place of the blazer**
- Plain black shoes with no logos or other visible colours
- (Rockport or Timberland boots are not allowed; trainers or trainer-styleshoes are not allowed; sand shoes are not allowed).
All items indicated with ** must be purchased from Steady School Wear
Academy jumpers will be available from Steady School Wear
from Saturday 10th November.
Priced at £18 for 30” – 38” and £22 for 40” – 46” in royal blue.
There is a black option available for pre-sixth students.
P.E. Kit Expectations
- Blue/white reversible rugby shirt OR
- Royal blue short sleeved polo shirt depending on the season
- Black shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Royal blue sports socks
- Appropriate trainers or football/rugby boots depending on events taking place
- All academy students are expected to bring the following to school every day;
- Academy planner, pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, pencil sharpener, some coloured pencils.
- Students are required to carry their equipment in a plain school bag
Students may purchase items of equipment from the Student Services Office if required
The following are not allowed at the academy under any circumstances:
- Jewellery, other than a single, small gold/silver, plain, stud in each ear lobe (no bigger than 4mm in diameter)
- Body modification piercings
- Coloured nail varnish
- Eyeliner, mascara, lipstick or any other form of make-up. Light foundation to cover up skin blemishes will be allowed.
- False eyelashes
- Mini skirts
- Thick woollen tights/leggings
- Over-the-knee black socks/leggings
- Fashion belts
- Patterned or coloured t-shirts that are visible underneath a white shirt
- Dyed hair of an unnatural colour i.e. pink, purple, green
- Mohican or other extreme fashion hair cuts such as ‘tramlines’ or symbols cut into hair
- Chewing gum
- Facial piercing is strictly prohibited under any circumstances
*** The use of any electronic equipment in any lessons is prohibited unless specifically allowed by a member of staff. Items issued by the Academy can be used. Students ARE NOT allowed to use mobile phones, MP3 players or other electronic devices in the Academy. If any student is found using a mobile phone it will be confiscated by a member of staff until the end of the day.
Parents will be required to collect the phone from the Main reception (9am – 4pm Monday to Thursday, 9am – 3:30pm on a Friday).
The Academy will not be responsible for the loss or damage of these items under any circumstances.
Click for: Transition Booklet 2020
Click for: Y7/8 Electives Brochure
Click for: Y6 Tour of the Academy
Transition Week Videos
Click for: Uniform Information
Click for: ASA Facebook
- Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Scholarship: email@example.com
Please take some time to look through our website for more general information about the academy.
“We are happy with his progress and his confidence has grown since starting”
“The open evening had the ‘wow’ factor. My son didn’t want
to leave; I’ve never seen him so enthusiastic about school.”
“We are happy with his progress and his confidence has grown since he started.”
“He is proud to attend this school and we are proud he is able to be part of Team Archie.”
“I have a Year 6 going up to Archie in September. We couldn’t be happier, she’s been to the school and I know pupils who go now and I have heard nothing but great reports.”
“The staff are very open and communicative. My son was even given extra tuition by a teacher in her own time after he had been off school ill.”
“All the 6th formers I know have done amazing and thanks to Archie they are well prepared for the next chapter of their lives”
“I would like to thank everyone at Archie; teaching and support staff for helping our daughter to achieve her very best”
“The teaching and support has been outstanding over the last 7 years and I’m glad we chose